The environment is central to our business at Ideal. Always has been. Always will be. We love working with organisations to develop and communicate their environmental programmes. They trust us because we know our stuff and practise what we preach.
Our environmental policy is simple: to source ethically; to reduce, re-use and recycle resources; to monitor our impact; to make improvements where we can and offset where we can’t.
- We’re on a green electricity tariff sourced from hydro-electric power
- We monitor electricity and gas usage, always aiming to reduce it, and we offset emissions from the gas heating
- We have energy efficient light bulbs, turn off computers, printers and lights and turn down the heating when we leave the office
- Any batteries we use are rechargeable.
- We work off PDFs and emailed documents
- We try not to print things out, but when we do, we always print on recycled paper
- We reuse old one-sided copies for making notes or use recycled notebooks
- Our stationery and promo materials are all made of recycled paper.
Carbon neutral travel
- All our business travel is carbon neutral, with any offsets provided by UNICEF Carbon Positive
- We usually work from our home office in Stratford upon Avon so we have no daily commute
- Trains are our first choice for business travel
- If the trains are a pain, we’ll come by hybrid car. And we ask clients to consider paying an extra penny per mile to cover the cost of offsetting the CO2 emissions
- Any flights we take for business are made carbon neutral, too.
Recycling and composting
- We recycle magazines, newspapers, Brita cartridges, cans, plastics, cardboard and glass
- Our shredded paper and organic waste are composted
- Old computers are cleaned and donated for re-use
- Printer cartridges, old mobiles and Christmas cards are recycled for good causes.
We are what we eat and drink
- We buy fair trade tea, coffee and bananas
- We drink filtered tap water.